Thursday, December 13, 2007

Imagine, Know, Believe

Of everything I've posted so far, this memory is happening as I type and will be with me forever. It is also the hardest one I've ever done.

Imagine it is two weeks before Thanksgiving. You know you are not happy at your job. You've been job searching for a few weeks now. You believe for whatever reason, someone you work with has been sabotaging your work. You aren't 100% sure who it is, although you have a pretty good idea who. You aren't 100% sure why that person is doing it, other than that person has the most to gain from your being gone. You keep moving forward with your best efforts at work, despite knowing all of this. You are a Christian and will not accuse anyone without being 100% sure first. You go in to work as you would normally do, and get called to the main office. When you sit down you are told that you are being terminated. You are told that they no longer want you there. You calmly feel that God is "running the show" as you leave the store. You get in your car. you close your eyes and simply pray. You talk so openly to our Lord and say" I'm giving this over to you. I don't know what to do. I have 100% faith in you and know you will not punish me for doing nothing wrong. You know the truth Lord. I put this in your hands."

You turn on the car and drive home to tell your family what just happened. You are not angry, just numb. Reality tells you that you cannot fall apart. You just pray, pray pray. After talking to your family you get a phone call from a company you had previously submitted an application with and interviewed with. They want another interview that afternoon. "Thank you, Lord. Thy will be done."

At the end of the interview you tell the interviewer that you really look forward to being a part of their company. You hope we will be working together very soon. He looks you in the eyes and calmly says. "Don't worry. We will be working together very soon." On the way home from the interview you call the corporate office, as you were instructed to do, to give your feedback on the interview and let them know that you are still interested in the position. Yes I am, because of who they are and how they operate, not because of the mornings events. You imagine the opportunity, you know you could definitely bring the best to the company, and you believe the Lord himself put this opportunity before you.

Several conversations occur between you and the company you interviewed with over the next few weeks. You expand the positions you are qualified for with them and open your relocation to include 3 states. The contact at corporate could not be more helpful to you. She is amazing. But the decision is not hers. You also submit applications with numerous other companies, although your heart is with the first company.

Imagine it is now two weeks before Christmas. You've realised the situation your family is in due to your unemployment. You know you are doing all you can, and making some truly hard decisions about the future of where you and your family will go next. You believe that your Lord and your faith are your biggest strengths. You will get through this.

Imagine you are opening the days mail today. As you read the letter you know you now have no unemployment to fall back on to survive. The company you were with is telling them they fired you. You believe that you don't have the energy to fight that battle right now. Right now you can only find a way to take care of your family. You pray until you are screaming in your head. You believe you have to do something and once again ask God to take this and help you.

Imagine my day today. Know I have faith that all will be worked out. Believe me when I say that I will keep my promise to Dan and take care of my family. If anyone has any job openings they know of I will happily send you my resume. I will find a way to relocate if needed. I will make this better.

Most importantly: I imagine that our Lord is surprised at how humbled I am right now. I know that He is in charge of what happens next. I believe He will get us through this. This memory will never go away...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue,
Keep your head up. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Remember when my mom was in the hospital and things didn't look good? You told me to keep a positive outlook and things would turn around, and they did. As far as Sports Authority filling you as being fired, that too Im sure that too happened for a reason. If you need anything just let me know.

-James

Anonymous said...

Your faith is high and as many times as I hear "...this too shall pass", sometimes it just doesn't help to ease the worry and doubt. Don't have doubt in our Savior. He is here and will take you out of the pit you're in. The only saving grace about being in a pit is that you have to look up to see out. When things are down keep looking up. Please know that we are here to help you. You need not go through this alone.

I'll be in my prayer closet for you and yours; location has changed but the closet remains the same.

Anonymous said...

This will come as no surprise to you to hear that even Jesus himself was allowed to be angry. Your family is hear to help you through this and that is all the matters right now. By family that means immediate on earth and extended up above. You will survive this and we will all help in any way we can.
~Candy and John