OK, it's time to remember the bright side of school. As a kid the first semester was always the fast one. There were tons of holidays and vacation days. Then came second semester... no holidays until Valentines Day, and then you didn't even get that day off. You did get a party though! This was the pre-MLK days. He wasn't famous yet or hadn't even made his famous speech.
Hence, I didn't like January because there were no days off. I'd pray for snow days! I hoped that if I was getting sick that winter it would happen in January. But then, one day when I was bored out of my skull I remember looking at a calendar on the wall of my bedroom. You know those little symbols of the moon on the calendar? It got me thinking... HAH! I had my answer on why to like January. Think about it, the longest day of the year falls in January. So what does that mean?
WHEN THAT DAY IS OVER, YOU ARE HEADING FOR SUMMER!!!
It's over, and now we can wait for the warm summer days 'cause they're on the way! Can you tell I love summer over winter? Hmmm, time to plan a summer vacation...
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you made me laugh with this post. I to, hated the fact that after winter vacation was over it was going to be awhile before our next break!!!
Love ALWAYS,
Tricia
Post a Comment