
Unfortunately, when you don't live near relatives, you sometimes only have photographs to help stimulate a memory. I found this photo and remembered something we used to try to do with our kids when they were little.
Every time we went back to Ohio to see family we would decide on a day, and whoever was there that day was in our special photo. The Ohio folks will recognize this as the rock outside Grandma and Grandpa's apartment. We put all the kids on the rock and here was our special photo from that trip.
As an Aunt or Uncle it would sometimes be the only photo we would have for years, or until the next time we all got together. I love all my nieces and nephews, from both families. What's hard is trying to remember a lot of times spent with them and realizing there really weren't that many. So now I'll shoot for more vacations, or emails, or calls...
Maybe a family get together?
Kids in photo Left to Right:Julie, Tyler, Kristy, Monica, Jennifer, Brittany, and Tricia
3 comments:
That photo brings back a lot of happy memories. I do not even remember what I was trying to do while that picture was taken. Thanks for the happy and memoriable times.
Love,
Tricia
Oh that rock... for those of us who were subjet to the family photo, it sure was funny trying to balance up there! What in the world was up with my hair!?!? I can't believe we were all so little:)
I vote we find a bigger rock and try for all the cousins! (hint-hint)
Oh, the rock! I remember always playing on that rock.
I can't believe my hair and my pants! :-) It was great to see a picture from such a wonderful memory. Thanks for sharing and keep them coming! :-)
Post a Comment