Did you ever do something and wake up the next day to find aching body parts where you didn't even know these parts existed before? Hence, today...
So I'm officially old now. We moved the majority of my stuff yesterday. Today I believe I have polio. Where the heck did some of these muscles come from? If you've seen me, six pack abs are not in my profile. I prefer to say I have "the puffy look". But today... a 90 year old could beat me in a walker race.
It got me remembering. You know how you always felt you were in OK shape from say, high school, on? We must tell our children old age feelings begin at age 13. I remember the first days of cheer leading tryouts. The hamstrings I felt were so properly stretched felt like iron rods in my legs the second day of tryouts. Guys, if you tried out for any sport, you can relate to this. My shoulders felt like they had swelled to the size of football players with full pads on. All for moving a few extra muscles. HA! Go Titans!! The first snowfall always brings back some hidden muscles. Beautiful, white, pretty snow until the next day. Crap needs to melt and go away!
The real kickers are the little muscles that sneak up on you. Like, hey, let's go bowling! Got to move well with bowling, after all everyone is watching you with each ball you roll. The gutter is where you feel you should go lay down the day after bowling. This was so easy as a kid, now... But the ultimate pain is shooting darts. How can a tiny dart, weighing so little, cause so much bodily harm the next day? Can't lift the coffee cup, pens weigh 5 pounds each, and God forbid you have to sneeze! Remember that?
So for those of you who are gym goers, or health junkies, know this, you too have a memory of a day of pain somewhere in your mind. Just know that my "extra muscles" are screaming out to me today and I intend to not let this happen again. At least not until the next time.
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment