Monday, May 5, 2008

Wow! 50 Years

This past weekend we had the pleasure of being there when my Aunt Patsy and Uncle Frank celebrated their 50Th Wedding Anniversary. We wanted to make their gift special for them, so we created an Anniversary Cake. My Aunt Patsy is famous for making the most beautiful wedding cakes. Everyone always asks her to make theirs because they not only look beautiful, but they always taste so good. To celebrate for Uncle Frank and the "Cake Lady", Aunt Patsy, (as my kids used to call her when they were little), Tricia and I made this cake for them. The bottom "layer" is a keepsake box with their invitation in the lid, and the entire cake is covered with 50 one dollar bills from my brother Steve, sisters Candy and Marcia, and my Mom. They are very special to us as we used to go to their house to visit when we were kids. We would spend the weekend with them having fun and of course getting into trouble as kids always do.
As I watched my cousins pose for this photo with their parents I was reminded of so many good times we had as kids.
To help make the event memorable, there was a Mock Wedding. Here you can see the "Anniversary Version" of their wedding party. Aunt Patsy and Uncle Frank stood in the middle of this "group", still smiling at the reenactment of their wedding.
This is their original Wedding Party. Quite a different picture, as you can see. I'm so happy for them. Celebrating 50 years is something every married couple talks about. I'm so glad I got to be there for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see you and Tricia again. Thanks again for all your help in putting together all the clothes for the bridesmaids and the groomsmen. Nobody will ever forget that mock wedding.