Saturday, March 15, 2008

It's Been Too Long








It's been too long since I saw my nieces and nephew. I last saw them at Dan's funeral, so seeing them for a happier occasion was great. We didn't have anything special planned, just hanging out together. Kendall, the oldest niece, was the perfect hostess. She baked brownies and a cake for us! Those brownies were gone as fast as we could get them out of the pan! Grandma treated us to Kentucky Fried Chicken for dinner. Grandma was watching the kids while my sister and her husband were out of town.

Sammi, my youngest niece, was determined to teach me how to play Wii. Of course I won my first bowling game with a 222! (I'm so good! LOL!) CJ, my nephew, was such a nut! He was trying all kinds of crazy moves...

Tricia was out photographer and was laughing as hard as the rest of us. Let's face it gang, I'm getting old and it's just what the kids need to see if they want a good laugh. We had a great time just laughing, talking and hanging out.

Grandma, Tricia and Kendall, and Sammi and I were on teams for a Scrabble match. I blew them away the first game, but Grandma, as always, beat us all for the last game. It was so nice to be with everyone again. I missed seeing all of them and am anxious to spend more time with them. Next week Tricia and I are going to spend time with my Mom at her place. Seeing her with the kids was fun, but we'll do a little "girl time" just the three of us next week.

At one point in the night I was just watching the kids. I loved living in Florida and would love to be back there. But being around family can make the chill of the cold weather warm you in a heart beat. I wish I'd been able to spend more time with them in the past, but now I have the time to change that as we move forward. I'm looking forward to posting about the other kids too. We finally found the camera and I want to post with pictures so you can see our fun times. There are three more sibling families to show and of course, time with my Mom. Watch for the posts!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Thanks for posting pictures... always nice to see Grandma and my cousins=)

Anonymous said...

I can almost see the smile on your face. It blesses my heart to know that you are surrounded by family. I know it is cold outside but your heart is warm. Enjoy building new memories and know that our Lord has you safely in his arms.