Well, we finally made it!
We left early Thursday from Florida. It was 76 at 6 am. The weather was great and the traffic was awesome. No problems anywhere really helped us move along. May I say, Georgia is one long state! We ended up stopping 31 miles south of Indianapolis. We would have gone farther but we were getting slap happy and laughing so hard we had to go to the bathroom. So it was check into a hotel time.
I knew when we stopped I should have tried to get at least to the north side of Indy. We woke up to snow, blowing winds and winter storm warnings... But we only had rough weather for about 45 minutes and we were out of the bad stuff. One thing all southerners need to remember: your windshield washer doesn't work below freezing. You need to get the weather conditions type. Our washer was and still is frozen. I'll be getting new stuff to add up here to help it keep from freezing. My poor car is frozen stiff. To top it off, I opened the window to talk to my sister in her driveway. For some totally dumb reason I only closed the window half way after we talked. It snowed overnight... snow in the front seat. Ughhh!!! This is going to take some getting used to...
So we're here, safe, and a bit chilled. My sister has given us a room on the main floor of her house. It's plenty big and easy for Tricia to use. Thank you, thank you. I talked to the DC for Kmart here and have and interview scheduled with her for next Saturday. I'll keep you posted. Tomorrow I'll be going into the Kohl's Corporate HQ in Menomonee Falls to get in the door there. Wish me luck. My goal is to be working by the end of the month.
I'll keep updating this, but it may not be regularly for awhile. Getting work is a must. I can't keep this up much longer. I need to take care of us myself. I'm so grateful for the help everyone is giving us.
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So glad you guys made it safe and sound!
the dewaters
Post a Comment