So I've succumbed to the land of blogs...
The purpose of this blog began as a way to tell my granddaughters and children stories of my life that would help them understand who I am. The ironic thing is that it's made me really look into myself and see where I've been, where I am, and where I may be going. Those of you who know me realize that I can "go philosophical" on you in a moment. The important thing to remember is that I don't mean to tell you what to do. I'm naturally opinionated. As I grow older I try to keep my unsolicited opinions to myself. Know that I haven't been that way in the past.
I've so often been described as wearing my heart on my sleeve. You always know "where my head is at" and how I feel because I try hard to be honest with people. Far too often in my past, that attempt to be honest, that attempt to say "I care so much that I can't be anything but honest with you, even if it hurts" has gotten me in to big trouble. So already I've learned: Use your head, not your heart, and learn when to keep your big mouth shut. Sometimes I get it right, other times...
As you read this blog, whether it's daily, weekly, monthly, or whenever your little old heart desires, maybe you will learn enough about me to understand me better. As hard as I try to be truthful, I'm human. Know also that I am a Christian. I know He is my rock and my reason to go on. I turn to Him so often that I think I'm on speed dial with Him. He listens and still keeps me here to appreciate this life and all of you in it with me.
I will also probably ramble a lot. Go figure...me? So here we go... "Hold On!!!!"
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am glad you decided to write down your memories. Many of us forget them as time goes on and it takes two or three of us to get together to try to remember why something was so funny to start with! I'll keep reading, not every day or every week ~ but you are not writing it just for me! I will read it as much as possible, don't forget to include me and the boys!!
Candy
I am so honored that you've shared this with me and the world. You've got a lot of life experiences that will help many people understand their faith and "why" things happen. I can feel your pain and your triumphs through your words and I can't wait to read more...and cry!
Love and miss you!
Post a Comment